“I was expecting to have an amazing summer, which I did, but I was not expecting to change as a person and gain a different view of the world.”
– Sophia, 2018 Alum
With VISIONS Spanish-Immersion programs, teens connect deeply with the Spanish language and under-resourced communities to accomplish meaningful service projects abroad.
For over 30 years, VISIONS has developed long-lasting relationships with communities that welcome us like family. Participants live, work and engage with local communities while developing a conversational command of the Spanish language, an expanded worldview and a deep sense of fulfillment. The community-driven service work, cultural immersion and break from regular life at home make for a life-changing experience. Weekends are filled with excursions to attractions like UNESCO World Heritage Sites and activities such as snorkeling, hiking, and learning local crafts.
Community-Driven Projects That Matter. Spanish-Immersion For Students.
- Working relationships with host communities that have lasted for over 20 years on average
- Locations for volunteer work in Peru, Galapagos Islands and the Dominican Republic
- Program duration: 12 to 21 days
- Start as early as June 10th or as late as July 24th
- Average ratio of one leader for every four students
- Earn 40 to 75 service hours on community volunteer projects that matter
“Visions is a 30-year veteran of service adventures, their itineraries veering more hard-core immersion (five to seven hours a day, four to five days a week) than in-and-out tour.” – The New York Times