Optional Trip Insurance Plans
PROTECTING YOUR TUITION INVESTMENT
Student Deluxe Plan is for U.S. residents only; other plans for non-U.S. residents may be viewed below. This plan has benefits for covered trip cancellations and interruptions, medical expenses and evacuations.
- Please read the policy that pertains to your state (see below for the links).
- Note: This plan contains the following exclusion: Benefits are not payable for any loss due to, arising or resulting from: a mental or nervous condition, unless hospitalized for that condition while the Plan is in effect for You. If you are interested in a plan without this exclusion, please visit A+ Plan: www.aplusplans.com (A+ also has the CFAR option mentioned below, but with more restrictive deadlines and other terms.)
Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) is an optional addition/upgrade to the Student Deluxe Plan.
- It is the broadest policy—broader coverage than covered reasons, with up to 75% of the nonrefundable portion of trip cost (the covered reasons that are inclusive with CFAR are for up to 100%).
- CFAR is available if purchased with or before your final payment for your trip.
- CFAR does not take effect until your entire non-refundable trip cost is paid to your travel supplier. If there are still deposits yet to be paid at the time you cancel your trip, CFAR will not apply.
- If you purchase the plan but decline CFAR coverage at the time of plan purchase, you cannot add CFAR coverage at a later date – even if additional expenses are added to the trip/program.
- CFAR policies are not available to New York residents because the Department of Financial Services for New York does not deem CFAR coverage as insurance.
Plans for Non-U.S. Residents
- Canadian residents: Plan Option. Includes Cancel For Any Reason option, but is more expensive than the option described above that is available to U.S. citizens. Non-U.S. and non-Canadian residents: Plan Option. Note that there is a Covid exclusion. However, there is an option that is only for medical/evacuation with Covid coverages.