“I was expecting to have an amazing summer, which I did, but I was not expecting to change as a person and gain a different view of the world.”
– Sophia, 2018 Alum
With VISIONS, teens connect deeply with under-resourced communities to accomplish meaningful volunteer projects.
For over 30 years, VISIONS has developed long-lasting relationships with international communities that welcome us like family. Participants live, work and engage with local communities while developing communication skills, an expanded worldview and a deep sense of fulfillment. The community-driven service work, cultural immersion and break from regular life at home make for a life-changing experience. Weekends are filled with excursions to attractions like UNESCO World Heritage Sites and activities such as ice climbing, horseback riding or scuba diving.
Community-Driven Projects That Matter. Cultural Immersion For Students.
- Working relationships with host communities that have lasted for over 20 years on average
- Locations for volunteer work in North America, South America and the Caribbean
- Program duration: 10 to 25 days
- Start as early as June 10th or as late as July 27th
- Tech-free policy
- Average ratio of one leader for every four students
- Earn 35 to 90 service hours on community volunteer projects that matter
“Visions is a 30-year veteran of service adventures, their itineraries veering more hard-core immersion (five to seven hours a day, four to five days a week) than in-and-out tour.”
– The New York Times